Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week Review

Effort was mostly spent in validating the base proposal in order to proceed with the purchase process.
The short term goal is to evaluate the traction dc motor from the robot base, by wireless commands sent via xbee. I am afraid that the minimal speed that I could keep the robot moving would be too fast. The test setup:
iw02 base + 4 AAA batteries + arduino + h-bridge + xbee <---> xbee + laptop
I will send speed commands via arduino and evaluate the base movements.
Note: Can I measure the voltage at the motor terminals with arduino?
I will use the xbee modems at AT mode, so one modem will echo commands received from the other (Arduino - ArduinoXbeeShield, XBEE Basics - Community Tutorials).
The next step is to evaluate the steering servo performance, acoording to results, a new servo would have to be bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment